As a coach
- Coached the Senior Manager cadre of a Property Division for a Top Financial Service Company on a range of topics including prioritising work/focus, confidence, building rapport, conflict handling and career planning.
- Coached a Marketing Director of a large Financial Institution. Agreed a plan for changing how he used his time and worked with his team. This led to a session facilitating him and his team to discover their shared vision, values and goals for the business.
- Acted as a coach/observer for a large scale Public Sector Leadership programme.
- Coached an MD of small growing company around his assertiveness and networking skills.
- Acted as a coach/observer for a large scale Retail Bank recruitment centre.
- Coached the CEO for an E-commerce financial services start up in building his management team and helped them shape the cultural aspirations for their company.
As a facilitator:
Blue Chip Consulting Firm:
Worked with the 30 partners to define a Vision for the Division. This involved running a workshop with the partners initially to gain a common view of how the Division should engage with the wider firm and to develop an initial view of the Division’s vision. In parallel to this 15 focus groups were conducted in London and Manchester for the staff to identify what they thought the Division did well and those things it did less well. These were used as inputs to a second Partner workshop which refined the vision and identified several work streams that would address the areas identified by the staff. Further workshops were run with both Directors and partners to flesh out the work streams and develop implementation plans.
North Sea Oil Company:
Worked with their Operations and Engineering centre in Aberdeen on a culture change initiative. This involved clarifying individual roles and team purposes, aligning working practices and coaching individuals in the required behavioural changes. Established a community of Change Champions and Facilitators to support the culture change initiatives.
Designed and facilitated Team Building session for the Future Media & Technology Senior Management Team developing their way of working and governance structure.
Government Adviser For The Natural Environment:
- Worked with a number of Directorates helping them embed changes and establish new ways of working and identities for their teams.
- Worked with the Directors to develop their vision and value set for the new organisation. (eg using a PESTEL framework > Political, Ecomonic, Social, Technology, Environmental and Legal factors to try to make educated guesses about future trends.)