Visioning, Project Start Ups, Problem Solving and Team Building
I have over 25 years of experience with a wide range of groups with differing agenda and seniority. Part of this work has covered Visioning and Strategy development, as well as working with Director/Senior Management teams looking to develop their leadership style, or simply finding ways of working together. This type of work is especially useful to Project Managers and their teams in order to shape project plans and deliverables, as well as building the actual team to deliver them.
My previous work for clients has covered:
- Visioning, Strategy Development
- Problem Solving sessions.
- Team building events
- Focus groups
- Soliciting staff feedback
- Project/Programme start ups
- Project/Programme reviews
It is important for me as a Facilitator to:
- Be clear on what outcome the client wants from the event. This may take several meetings to establish, as sometimes the client needs to work out their needs first.
- Have a clear design to achieve those outcomes.
- Be sensitive to the energy and mood in the room.
- Respond to what is happening in the room and move away from the event design if necessary to achieve the client outcomes (liaising with the client as I do it).
- Be flexible and creative.
- Be able to offer the group a range of styles to help them achieve their goals (eg being Directive or Facilitative) as the situation demands.
- Be able to offer the group different techniques and ideas to challenge or stimulate their thinking.
- Be clear on why I am making an intervention and what I want to achieve with it.
- Review the workshop with participants and co-facilitators to learn and sharpen my experience and practice.
Before the workshop I will:
- Help you to be clear about the outcomes you want from the session.
- Design the session around your specific needs and complete any required preparation.
- If required, conduct interviews with the participants to explore their wants from the session.
During the workshop I will help you to:
- Stay focused on the key issues and the desired outcomes from the session.
- Create a safe environment in which to exchange honest views and be creative.
- Fully engage the group and develop a common understanding of the issue and solution at hand.
- Identify how you will implement the results.